Saturday, June 05, 2004

LOTR galore

June marks the end of the long-awaited 'The Lord of the Rings' (LOTR) exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre. For big-time procrastinators and busy beings like me, the exhibition has been extended till midnight, and I've finally stepped in on the very last day with enjoyable company, at the point in which the touring exhibition is moving out of Asia, to Boston, in a few hours' time.

Needless to say, there was a awesome display of costumes, jewelry (Galadriel's Ring makes me yearn for power! muahahahhh..), armor, weapons, life-like models, make-up and special effects 'how-tos', etc. Most video interviews (you'll see how the actors actually look like in real life) and shots made available for interactive viewing at the exhibit are also available in the DVD Extended Versions for the trilogy. Though it was not exceedingly grand as I've pictured and hoped it to be, I'm happy that I've finally made it! Short of the ability to purchase the gorgeous Evenstar (worth S$140), I suppose the 20% discount off my entry ticket is a comfort - well, maybe an ounce of it.

The next best thing is to watch the trilogy (Extended versions, of course!) on a gigantic screen with your friends, at one go. Yes, that'll be a total of 10 hours, sirs and madams. But I'll only be out of my mind if I'm sucked into reading the whole set of literature. I actually know some folks who do. LOTR is made astonishingly possible by Author, Tolkien and Director, Peter Jackson & his huge team of dream-makers, for all to enjoy this fascinating tale of how power corrupts and how genuine character and bravery prevail. Both thumbs up!

2 Comments:

Blogger juan said...

Hee..the trilogy is quite interesting in reality albeit boring in some parts. Hm, am I setting up myself to be bashed by LOTR fans? But it took me a long time to finish reading. Word of caution: attempt only when you have ample time on your hands. =)

12:43 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

I seriously lack the 'quality' to join the club - not the insanity part, but time, my dears, to enter deep into Tolkien's world. Ha, I've only got enough time and energy for the movies (for now, at least).. And I just found out from my bro that the extended version is gonna be out only in November.. Happy waiting, fellow fans!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home