Sunday, January 02, 2005

True love knows no bound

I am saddened by the disaster, knowing that the countries that have been hit are mainly Hindu, Buddhist and Muslim countries with a minority of Christians. My heart remains solemn and conscious of the time we have left in the endtimes.

Ty & I wrote a cheque of $80 to the Singapore Red Cross Society for Tidal Waves Asia earlier this week, as the Society was the first to appeal for public funds.

I knew in my heart that Pastor Kong will challenge all of us to give and today, as I sat in the service, I was moved to give and I raised the amount that I gave, from $55 to $150. I pray that the Lord is pleased with my giving and offering to Him. I was certainly glad I gave after giving $100 to the missions fund.

Unknown to us, CHC has already given $50,000 for the relief work and have todate sent 4-5 rescue teams. They are our missionaries, my heroes. I can't imagine how they are tolerating the stench of the dead bodies, seeing the helplessness in the faces of poor souls, going without pure water, food and bath, and yet remaining strong. The grace and anointing of God must have been with them.

There was only one thing God said to me today: Let your heart be tender towards Me.

Yes, O Lord...

Looking at the disasters around the world, knowing and thanking God how blessed I am, my compassion goes all out to every single soul who needs the Lord... every person who lives in hopelessness every day... every heart that's broken and waiting to be mended... People needs the Lord. Every one, absolutely every one, needs the Lord.

Whilst my dad in especially, speaks with sarcasm and little compassion towards the poor and needy in Renci hospital, and giving to them, I felt unjustified for them and for Pastor Kong & Sun, and stood up for them. They are my parents, I know I have to honor them. But I have to stand up for my spiritual parents, my God, my faith and my church, when the need arises.

Whilst I watched the program, I gave $5 (via my mobile) and I said to Reverend Ming Yi, "I hope you'll get to heaven one day". When I gave, somehow I knew in my heart that Pastor will give too... Really. And Pst Sun did. $50,000. God's love needs to be demonstrated. True love knows no bound.

I saw this quote that goes something like this: "If only God didn't spent the 7th day resting. He should have spent it having compassion towards His creation." To me, this person knows a god that is not my God. My God is full of mercies and grace and compassion nobody knows of.

Disasters and tragedies, like the Asian Quake and Tsunami, are not created by the Lord... but allowed... Just like what happened to Job. I believe totally with all my heart that all things work together for good to those who love Him. I don't know how the lost lives are going to heaven. I just know that my God loves every single one of them and that He is sovereign and just.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home