Thursday, January 27, 2005

End of solitude

My sista went to Hong Kong for a holiday last weekend and will soon be back!

I feel rather blissful with the lack of companionship in my bedroom. No, I ain't mad. I totally appreciate solitude given my ever-cluttered mind, my unexhaustive to-do list and this overcrowding world we live in. Who needs more input (read: mindless rattling) given a choice?

Perhaps that's why I love to sleep when everyone else is awake, and stay up to enjoy the late night breeze and quietness... and I so love to sleep in the day... The scorching afternoon sun can easily spin my head with a migraine and thus I prefer staying indoors until the sun goes down... Gee, do I sound like a bummer or sluggard? A night owl maybe. Oh, that reminds me I have to be sleeping to rid my dark rings and puffy eyes!

In actual fact, I am a workaholic and I have a tendency to become bored or depressed easily if there's nothing much to do. Whether I occupy or numb myself with work, or I find meaning in it, work is actually a big part of what we are created for. Most things are spelt W O R K. So for now, I should be getting down to S L E E P. It requires lotsa work too!

1 Comments:

Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Yuh, you slept way past noon today! Ha, but of course I know it's the work & stuff we do... If I don't have a 9-to-5 job, I'd be like you. Mom & Dad aren't like that so we can't really blame it on genes. It only happens to the 3 of us. Bleah.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home