Saturday, October 09, 2004

Have you ever felt this way

It's a simple affinity.

I met Laudene back in 1996. Virtually.

A oustanding lady whom I've never met, but a caring friend I'll never forgot. The beautiful poem she wrote never cease to serve as an encouragement for me...

Have you ever felt this way
That you cannot make it through the day
Without your loved one by your side
And that you have no one to confide

No matter how hard you resolve to try
You wish there was someone to rely
To cheer you on in times of need
To share your joy when you succeed

When you lie awake at night
Wishing for someone to hold you tight
Your heart sinks knowing no one's near
For loneliness is something that you fear

The days when you just feel so down
Work's plenty, you're feeling drowned
There's nothing to look forward to
At the end of the day, it's only you

Have you ever felt this way
That you cannot make it through the day
Without your loved one by your side
And that you have no one to confide

Press on, my dear, no matter what
I'm with you in spirit, we're not apart
So when you need me by your side
All you gotta do is look inside

P.S: Hey, Dene... Happy birthday!" *hugz*

4 Comments:

Blogger edoRaye said...

Hi Jann
It's awesome to catch up with you again and in such a peculiar way! I lost my old websites, along with all the content so I am very delighted that at least one poem survived (:
Thank you for remembering my birthday!
Dene

3:21 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Dene! :D Hey, you're most welcome... hope your birthday was wonderful! Well, you know you can easily start another blog with your inspiring poems... I'll be your most avid fan... Keep in touch, ya?

3:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoyoyo... alrite.. i decided to say something.. I tot i read this poem long time ago... i just realised it's only 2 days ago!!! how come it seems so long.. hmm.. i think cos i keep checking. hahahaha.. anyway, nice poem. but kinda like a sad song... =)

Xuan

1:48 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Hey, appreciate ya checking out this blog.. ;) Hmmm, I recently got to know this cool friend, Mingxuan, and I think many actually thought "Xuan" is you when he left comments here! hahaha..

Yea, lovely poem... though it seems sad, it is encouraging too. Doesn't it sound like Father God saying,
Press on, my child, no matter what
I'm with you in spirit, we're not apart
So when you need Me by your side
All you gotta do is look inside

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home