Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Thirty, flirty and thriving

No, that's not me.

"Thirty, flirty and thriving... Thirty, flirty and thriving... Thirty, flirty and thriving... Thirty, flirty and thriving... Thirty, flirty and thriving..."

That's the wish of Jenna Rink on her thirteen birthday, and under the power of some sparkling wishing dust her best friend gave her, poof! she (or should I say, her body) turned thirty and flirty - what she has always dreamt to be - except the thriving career that's won over by underhand means she herself is totally unaware of.

I wonder why the thirteens so yearned to grow up and the thirties wished they could get their hands on some wishing dust or elixir or anything that attempts to slow down or cover up the process of ageing so they can become young again? Irony.

In her effort to present a fresh look for the sale-plunging magazine she works for, Jenna reflected... "I think we all - I think all of us - want to feel something that we've forgotten or turned our backs on because maybe we didn't realize how much we were leaving behind. We need to remember what used to be good. If we don't, we won't recognize it even if it hits us between the eyes." (Source: The Internet Movie Database)

Behind all that fun and glamor, Jenna eventually figured what she has always wanted aren't the best things after all. The good was she gets to go back to where she left off and undo the nightmare. The bad is, we can't.

At thirty, in her reality, she possessed everything that matter to a person most - family, friends and true love. Most importantly, she loves who she really is.

I ain't thirteen going on thirty, merely twenty-five going on twenty-six... crossing from a quarter of a century to the next. What have I missed? Any regrets? Well, more or less.

But there's no way I can go back to change history or turn back time. I only have time on hand to make my present and future right. Alas, there's only one life to live!

The thing about birthdays is this: You can't wait to have it around the corner when it's far from near. But when it's arriving, you get moody and melancholic for odd reasons.

So I wish I'll be twenty-six, flirty happy and thriving!

7 Comments:

Blogger juan said...

Wow, I am amazed at your memory! How did you manage to remember all those lines? ;)

Hm but isn't it so true that when we are young we wish to be old? Yet when we get older, we miss the "good old days"? But it's kinda ironic that in the end Jenna does not resolve her work issues but manages to snag the guy of her dreams? Underneath the career woman is still very much a woman who yearns to find true love.

Hey gal you are not alone! I'm crossing over to 25 soon too. By 30, I do hope I have [my own] family, friends and true love.

My dear, at 26, you will be happy and thriving! ;)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...i also wonder how can u remember so many lines from the movie.. Hahaz.
Next time when i catch a movie with you, i shall observe u, hahaz.

Think to many females, age is a sensitive issue.. Hahaz, turning ?6 this year right..i believe u've grown much this year. Someone once said, Don't count the days but make everyday counts. Jia you wor..
Hope you will have a great time celebrating ur bdae this sunday.. Hahaz.

>",<
-Xuan-

5:11 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Hey, thanks! Truly appreciated all the well wishes.. ;)

Hahaha... yours truly, me, have no power memory... and no, neither do I have any sorta recorder with me at the theatre. All I did was: click the 'Search' button! Tsk, guess my friends just don't realise how resourceful I am or how amazingly huge and helpful the knowledge-based internet has grown. =P

Yea, will make my every day with Jesus count! Be happy and thriving...

7:00 PM  
Blogger juan said...

Haha..Hm, then that means I can find the lines for 'The Notebook" too! *excited*

Ya your birthday will surely be very blessed and fun-filled. Is anyone meeting you to celebrate on Sunday? Or can I have the honour? Hehe...

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaz...see you're so blessed...
So many people wanna ask u out on sunday, Hahaz...lOOks like u have to learN hoW to spLit urself up inTO mANy jAnicE...Hahaz.
i beLievE u musT bE workIng noW, jia You wOr..
Have a blesSed daY aheAd of yOu..

>",<
-Xuan-

11:05 AM  
Blogger juan said...

Ya lor..she is so popular. Told me many people are asking her out but anyway my free time limited to only 5pm on Sunday. Haha..

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaz...Popular demand..
Jan u accompany juan till 5pm lorz..
Hmmm, my cg will end at abt 1 plus 2..If reach outram will be around 3pm?
Heez..are we still going singing? Does Juan sing? Hmmm... Hahaz.

Now its 1136pm, just came home after studying for more than 7hrs..gonna study again, now taking a break.. Hao Ba, u let me know again.
Xie xie ni~

>",<
-Xuan

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home