Sunday, January 30, 2005

Back to basics

Set my feet in Your ways
To live worthy of Your call


The lines in the new worship song 'A heart after You' that touched my heart...

It is ever so important to stay in the realm of faith and asking the Lord to create in me a new heart and to renew my mind daily. Go back to the basics, the Holy Spirit nudged.

The message preached this week moved my heart and soul tremendously, even after listening to it twice. How blessed I am! The message was not full of gentle reminders, but of hard smacks on the head like a huge wake up call. Ouch. It's about first things first. It's about getting back to the basics. It's about f a i t h.

There's simply no time to waste on pity parties, feeling sorry for myself, getting depressed over what has already become history. Absolutely no time. I know I can be a giant-slayer and overcome any problem in my life, if only I have faith and keep walking!

Love God. Have faith. Arise and do it. Amen.

I agree with what Raine said -- sometimes we're just too caught up with the minor things in life, that it is easy to forget why we do the things we do. We really have to conscientiously remind ourselves to focus on our relationship with God and His purpose every single day.

He died for me.
I live for Him.
It's as simple as it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home