Sunday, May 29, 2005

Psuedo-holiday

It's been an extremely long week for me. A sick, tiring and eventful one.

Caught a viral flu bug and 'enjoyed' the full package of it for 9 days - started with a burning throat, being voiceless, bad running/blocked nose, cough, feverish, dizzy and spoke with a nasal voice.

Every waking moment is hard-going but I had to summon every energy to finish the crazy amount of work I had by Thu and get ready for the 2-day conference right till Sat.

It was for work's purpose but I psychoed myself into thinking that I am going for a holiday as I have to spend 2 nights at the conference venue, Swissotel Merchant Court, together with 3 other colleagues. Away from home, office and e-mail, it turned out to be pseudo-holiday.

Just in front of my room's balcony is the swimming pool. Lovely rushing waters right next to my bed. Sumptuous meals. Good facilities. Nice hotel folks. Insightful conference. Free flow of drinks at Brewerkz. Well, all short of a dip in the pool, massage in Amrita Spa and photos taken. No time and no energy for that. Nope, no hunks in sight. Interesting experience and encounters with people I met, especially with an 81-year-old delegate from Sri Lanka.

By Sat noon, I had to say goodbye and head for ministry duty. I ran on auto-pilot mode. It was like ushering and serving people for three full days. I was zonked out the whole Sun.

Something's been weighing on my mind but it stayed unnoticed the whole week. Good or bad, I seriously have no means of dealing with it then. I could only focus of looking sharp and getting work done. Am thankful that Murphy didn't visit. And now, back to reality.

2 Comments:

Blogger joyinthelord said...

Hm, do what horses do.

Use your Jann-tail and wave it around to keep the bugs off!

~hehe.

That's another reason why you should maintain your lovely tail. And yes, I shall hug you and make it all better too! =)

3:59 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Yea yea, I'm born in the year of horse... *waves jann-tail* Aha, suddenly recalled that my tail has smacked Kwang in the face twice over! ;P

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home