Friday, October 15, 2004

Chop chop

For a total of twenty minutes, I felt like a stubborn dough or a pile of minced meat on the chopping board! Literally.

I made an appointment on behalf of my poor body-aching colleague to go for a massage at this cozy little setup called 'Chop Chop' at Caltex House during lunchtime today. It provides a de-stress express service offering to rejuvenating the working class within twenty to forty minutes, so the brochure claims.

I eventually tagged along to get the same for myself since I have rather tensed shoulders (the normal woes of a typical working lady) and a tendency for migraine. Paying twenty-five bucks for a twenty-minute 'weight-off-me-shoulders' knead (targeting to relieve the neck and shoulders) sounds reasonable.

So we each sat on this interestingly-designed Osim chair meant for head, neck, shoulder and back massages (for foot reflex you basically just lie down elsewhere, I suppose), and the torturing process began. I seriously felt like my body was coming apart! The atmosphere was saturated with scented oil essence and some background music while my mind was totally noisy with "Ouch!", "Gosh, this hurts!", "Sigh, did I make the right decision or not?..." But thank God I walked out feeling good and smelling lavender-ish.

And oh, I can vouch that it's really express but I can't say the same for the part about de-stress 'cos my shoulders are beginning to feel more strained as I type... Gosh, perhaps I may need to get "kneaded" or "chopped" a few more times to feel de-stressed. You think so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home