Monday, October 11, 2004

Stepping forward

It has been said that the only constant in life is change. Don't changes happen around us all the time? The revolving world changes, things change, people change within and without...

Just a week ago, a leader of mine, Bao, received his promotion to advance to the next level and that means leaving his current responsibilities and embracing new challenges. As a gift of appreciation and farewell, a few of us made him a folio filled with well-wishes from the section that he once and last led.

Besides penning my first attempt of a poem for him on behalf of the whole section, I wrote him something I love, hoping that he finds it relevant and meaningful...

"��ʱ����һ���uصõ�һƬ���, ���˾ɵ��:õõ��µĸж�..."

Sounds like some quote or clich��, but it's part of the song titled '���' written by Ҷ|��, Jimmy Ye. I must say he's a real local talent by the songs he write and compose but he seems to have gone into remission for the past few years. Could he have moved on as well?

Well, coming back to the point, isn't it so true? A doesn't-sound-as-nice English translation may go like this: Sometimes giving up a yard of land, may gain you a vast sky... Giving up the goodness of the past will bring you fresh experiences. How's that?

And it so flows with Pastor Kong's message last weekend... Step forward! Life is about moving on. Everyone of us are called to step forward - NOT step backward, step sideways, stand still or sit down. I know it's difficult 'cos I struggle big time. But each step is a step of faith. We might have lost opportunities to maximise our potential or do greater things in life one time too many, but why don't we now say, "I can do it!" and just do it?

I like what my new leader, Trice, wrote - Life without Regrets. The message is for me. It may well be for you too. Read it and don't just let it ring in your head. Let it resound in your life by acting it out! Let's move on, my friend. I'm in this together with you!

Being really in the flow, I was pleasantly surprised to know that Xuan mused on the same issue! As she touches on destiny and her personal choices, the content is more personal. But having read it, you'll feel as accomplished as she feels after writing such a long post! Check out Sliding Doors, while I leave you with the full lyrics of the moving piece...

���

��ʵѡ������ δ����ѡ���į
�����ǰ δ���Ƿ����Ժ�
��֪����֮���Կ�������
����ʹ���������ѵ�·��

��ʵѡ��ð�� δ����ѡ����ʹ
������ δ���Ƿ������
��֪���˽�����ѹ��̫��
��Խ��Խ�о���������

��ʱ����һЩ���� �õ�һ������
�����ǵ㺦�� �õ���������
���氮�� �������Ὣ����û
���Ӧ������ ��Ϊ���غ�

��ʱ����һ���u� �õ�һƬ���
���˾ɵ��:� �õ��µĸж�
��һ�����ܸ�����ôһ��
���ѵ�Ϊ�Լ����Щʲô

~ Ҷ|��

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yoz... isnt it such a coincidence? hahaha.. but i do think it's more than that. I think God wants to do a work in this area. Not just in individual's life but as a whole body of Christ. Don't ya think? Xuan

6:25 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Yea, I think so too... It's amazing how God works, isn't it? I really believe that there's some re-positioning and re-prioritising required in our lives... So let's walk on, Xuan.. with the Lord besides us.. ;)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home