Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Seeing red

I overused my last pair of contact lenses and as a result, my right eye is red, sore and infected. Ok ok, my beloved mamas and sisters who love me so and wish I'd take more care of myself, I know... NO next time! =|

It started at Sunday noon while I was the Traffic understudy and after bearing with the discomfort and pain in that eye for five hours, I decided I have to be excused. When I took out the lense, I saw that it was not in its original shape and alas, a part of it was missing! I tried in vain to see if the missing piece was still stuck somewhere on my eye. I verified with an optician the following day and was assured that the torn part should have made its way out somehow. Phew! Yea, I know. Silly me.

I am legally blind, so I can't take out the left lense as I still needed it to help me get home. Needless to say, I took a cab ride home and slept for the next 12 hours hoping that it'll go away. Apparently, it did not. The optician confirmed that it's an eye infection that won't subside until 7 days later and I still tried to argue with futile efforts, "No, it better go down in 5 days!" Sigh...

Last night I changed my MSN nick to 'Jan e red-eyed' and then I thought of Jane Eyre. Don't ask me why. Oh, maybe it's the similar consonants. So I played around with the letters and it ended up as 'Jan e R-yrE-D'. It's so complicated, I think only Kei sees it. It takes a Literature student to figure Jan out! Ahahahaha...

Praise God it actually did subside a weeeeee bit when I woke up this morning! Yay!

P.S.: Kei told me Kwang is rather sad 'cos his eyes are now astigmatic. So expect to see the no-longer-having-perfect-eyesight-and-still-suave-but-studious-looking Kwang this weekend... ;)

P.P.S.: Keep praying for me, folks! I don't want to be seen as a bespectacled Hotel 2 (or whichever position my leaders put me at)... Yes, in the name of vanity! =P Ming actually suggested that my excuse can be, "Oh, I'm in my glasses 'cos I wanna support Kwang..." But really, I need the healing. Hmmmm, four more days to go...

8 Comments:

Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Thanks for ya recommendation, Raine.. =) I actually need to re-check my eye degree before I make new glasses and lenses, but I can't do anything now until the infection goes away 'cos the accuracy will be affected somehow.

Ego, I don't wear contacts all the time but I believe my eye degree has changed and I may not be able to see as clearly as with my contact lenses.. =)

5:37 PM  
Blogger jadyn said...

hahha,kwang'll kill me that u commented on his sob sob astig story ONLINE! hahah anyway, if u are plannin on changin lens brand, use acuve la...i've problematic eyes...v dry n tried many brands...n its the best so far...though still dry...anyway i think he just might not collect his glasses this sat! hahha

6:52 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Ahahahahaha... Kwang will kill ME, not you! =Okie, thanks for ya recommendation too...

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder didn't see you when they were going out to celebrate Juan birthday. Hmmm, I think I put a bottle of eye drops in logis room this Sat standby. You never know who may need it. It is good not to wear lense all the time, once in a while must give our eyes "holiday" :)

Jer

10:29 AM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Thanks, Jer.. It's ok, I popped into Guardian Pharmacy last night and got myself a bottle of antiseptic eye drops for conjunctivitis. Aiyo, I repeat I don't wear lenses ALL the time... Anyway, my eyes are on holiday... at least, until Sat.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops..Neber scan the previous posting on that. Sori lah, I guess that what happens when you attained the typing-faster-than-you-think-without-kooking-at-keyboard state :P But do take care hor. Still remember a old saying, go & look at "green" things, It will relax your eyes. Dun know how true on that. Dun flame me if it doesn't work :P Jer

2:42 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Ha, understood. I think by looking at greenery and nature will help improve one's eyesight, but I don't think it can kill an infection. Think I won't blame you, neither will I flame you.. =P

8:48 PM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Ladies & gentlemen, may I be proud and thankful to say that the antiseptic and your prayers work wonders and the crescent-like red patch is cleared! =D

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home