Sunday, November 21, 2004

A greater perspective

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

A commonly heard, preached, memory verse - so common that I think and meditate over it too little times.

During my ushering duty last evening, I was very privileged to be seated at the first row! Let me explain my excitement: The first row is nearest to the altar, where the God's presence would be the most tangible. Besides, I would usually be near the doors at the back of the hall, distracted by the movements of walkouts and late-comers I have to handle, and thus, it would be hard to focus on any item of the service, not to mention the sermon. So I'm sure a blue moon glowed in the dark sky last night!

Pastor Kong preached about the 7 steps of faith: Desire, Make a decision, ask, receive, confess, see and act on what you intially desire for! I was totally stirred within my heart and spirit; it was the Word that I needed...

God lives in eternity; we are placed in time by Him. If He's spoken the Word, consider it done. Wow... Faith would only be possible if we continually cast our eyes on God and see things from His perspective. To us, troubles and worries may seem towering and unbearable at times; but with God, nothing is too difficult or impossible. Mountains would seem much smaller and easily be removed if only we believe.

A greater perspective gained, a new attitude birthed.
With God's perspective, faith will be in place.

1 Comments:

Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Dear EgoM, true and not true... Good members are allowed to sit at the first row too. And when an usher is put there, usually they're to complete specific key tasks allocated to them. =)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home