Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Warm snow falling

It's odd, but I can feel Christmas nearing... like, very near.

The weather is turning cold, the new arrivals at the shopping malls seem increasingly buyable, I'm playing "All I want for Christmas is you" on my laptop, I'm in the mood to give/receive lotsa thoughtful gifts and hugs for/from people (less so on my birthday) and tell a whole bunch of people I love 'em.

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love and let it come in." ~ Morrie Schwartz

Maybe it's the effect of reading Tuesdays with Morrie... Maybe it's just my favorite season of all... Maybe it's just Jan struck by something out of the norm...

I can visualise snow fall from the sky above and melt before my rosy nose... But yet my heart is filled with this warm and fuzzy feeling, it's indescribable. It's joy. Yea, I think it's JOY from above... Can you feel it too?

3 Comments:

Blogger juan said...

Oooh that's one of my favourite songs!Hey gal, I'm in a Christmas mood too! Thought that I better start my Christmas shopping earlier this year. Anyone want gifts from Shanghai? Hee..

9:27 AM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Yea, the spirit of giving is all year round for us as Christians... "Freely you have received, freely give."

11:05 AM  
Blogger juan said...

Yup..precisely the point. Can't believe Christmas is round the corner so soon! Another year is coming to an end...

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home