Monday, February 21, 2005

Cast down but unconquered

Appreciate all the encouraging comments, your prayers, reminders and hugs... am glad to have bears and rain as friends... I'm sorry I deprived you of sharing my life...

It's been almost a week, and I seriously do not even have the time to blog decently. Today, my stress level at work peaked and I told a friend I'm about to snap. Everything (and everyone) seem to be vying for my attention and demanding time, and I barely looked alive by the weekend. It's like fighting a tough battle. I resist hard though. I feel stressed, distressed, enough to feel and say I'm hard-pressed on every side. Or perhaps when one is down and trying to keep the plates from breaking, anything is a distraction. I thought I was about to have a nervous breakdown. Then I remembered Paul.

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed -- always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh." - 2 Cor 4:7-9

God's lovely counsel, the Word of God. The only thing we ever need.

So I changed my MSN to Jan :: hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed (2 Cor 4:7-9)... and my ever-poking-me-or-making-me-laugh CG member responded...

Wayne says: u are the elastigirl
Wayne says: not crushed by stuff
Jan :: hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed (2 Cor 4:7-9) says:
yea.. m feeling very hard-pressed.. so gotta remind myself
Wayne says: ok
Wayne says: if you are flattened
Wayne says: me take spatula and scrape you off the wall
Wayne says: then use air pump and pump u back up
Wayne says: pssssttttttttttt
Wayne says: yeah then I can bounce you around like a fish ball


... while I can only laugh out loud...

We can be cast down, but never conquered. His grace is sufficient for me. I am not only whirlywindy; I am elastigirl.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah.. elastigirl!!!

a unique term to describe? haha

hope i don't bounce away by your elastiness whenever i approach you =P

7:50 AM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Mingfeng! Welcome & thks for trailing.. ;)

Hmmm, have you caught 'The Incredibles' movie? Elastigirl's suit (designed by designer genius, Edna) can be stretched indefinitely and withstand any level of destruction... pretty formidable, eh? I'd very much like to have that kind of elasticity & flexibility when it comes to stretching my serving capacity and maximising my potential :) Hahaha... not literally, my friend... so I surely won't bounce you off! =P

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home