Friday, March 18, 2005

Be filled

Reading Tim LaHaye's 'Why You Act the Way You Do' has blessed me tremendously and I am not even halfway through the book. It dawned upon me that whichever temperament I am, the most important thing at the end of the day is allowing the Holy Spirit to fill me and control me. That is being Spirit-filled. Knowing my predominant and secondary temperaments only helps understand my own strengths and weaknesses, and how not to allow the natural man to stand in the way of God's work in us.

So with that realisation, during CG worship yesterday, I told the Lord, "I don't care whether I am D, I, S or C... I just want Your presence and I want to be filled by You." Then I felt a peace I never felt and knew before. I believe it was "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:7

Funnily, my CGL, Bro Robin, was so keen to find out what temperament I am over supper... (just after I told God I don't care what temperament I am) and insisted that I am a Phlegmatic aka 'S' (which I am so convinced that I am NOT).

A funny observation he made: He finds me very engaged at times but soon after be found lost in my own world - like a tortoise in her own shell. *lol* And I can still argue that I'm a flexible one and still know what goes on outside the shell. What an oxymoron, Ming exclaims. She agrees that I am Phleg (besides being very Melancholy). I say: I don't know why I'm so resistant to being 'S' when I keep saying I need and want to be more 'S' when my secondary temperament could well be 'S'.

Stripped bare, I am just an unmotivated, depressed slacker.
But I thank God 'cos I now live for Him.

"But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law. - Galatians 5:22-24 (NLT)

2 Comments:

Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Thanks, Mo.. =) and I didn't know we have such a close relationship besides being bro & sis in Christ.. hahaha..

4:44 AM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

Post-blog note: To people who laughed out loud or raised eyebrows in objection to the 'Jan is phlegmatic' statement, I say you're deprived of seeing and knowing my natural side i.e. having no work or ministry on my agenda. I am a peacelover and never want to make anyone's life difficult, perhaps save my own.

I also begin to see through my own example that boldness and everything that leadership requires can be developed 'cos I was a different person when I started serving the ministry. So talk about maximising one's potential and exploring untouched grounds, ministry's the way to go!

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home