Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Impossible without you

A long overdue blog that's coincidentally long too.

The serving experience at the Healing Crusade with Benny Hinn was a tremendous one, and it stretched and strengthened me in many ways - physically with the grace of God, mentally and spiritually. I was positioned at one of the main entrances of the Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS) for traffic duty - something that I have never done before and so, it was on the job training for three full days and I love it!

In the Old Testament, ushers were called "gatekeepers"; I was truly one. Their ministry was so important that they were given living quarters at the Temple; We should be given space and liberty to stay overnight 'cos we spent more time there than anywhere else. According to I Chronicles 9, their duties included the opening of the temple every morning, the care and protection of all the precious vessels, the preparation of certain food items used in ritual sacrifices, and guarding the temple; It's basically everything that's not covered under other ministries! I love how Tizane stood for Ivy, our usher, and the ministry by rebuking a CG member of Ivy when he teased her about collecting busing coupons - "We are big people who can do small things, what about you?" =)

Despite having gone through the heat of the sun (now I'm peeling like a snake) and the heat of the congregation, I am privileged to be given opportunities to greet and meet people upfront; whether to answer simple queries or face unreasonable complaints, I consider it molding.

Despite serving, we as ushers were touched by the Lord as well. We will not be shortchanged by the Lord for the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain," and, "The laborer is worthy of his wages." - 1 Timothy 5:18

I thank God for the wonderful team of leaders I worked with and not forgetting the stand-in-the-gappers, the Security ministry. It's all about teamwork and it certainly would not have been made possible without you.

Last weekend when we returned to serve in our Jurong West premises, I saw that we have truly broken through and forth. I witnessed ushers who were passive by nature ushered with urgency and assertiveness. I am so pleased and I thank God for the transformation in us. Oh, how I love to serve... We are moving up to the next level. I pray that we will continue to stand and run together as a people, a ministry, a church. With God, nothing is impossible!

And here we come running back to SIS for 3 Easter services, while our expectancy grows in our hearts to overcome the National Stadium next year! *feels my goosebumps stand and drop all over the floor* How excit-less life will be without God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home