Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Humming birds

I believe Project SuperStar is boasting the economy of KTV lounges, registrations at singing schools, the confidence of Singaporean superstar wannabes and the popularity of the 2 finalist songs.

I personally did not know the 2 songs well, but do now because I sought out the lyrics and mp3s for the simple reason that they have been sung well and I wanna learn them too! In fact, I noticed the songs that have been sung throughout the competition now filled the airwaves of YES 93.3FM, at least. Yea, the power of music and media.

We, the bathroom or KTV singers, somehow have gotten ourselves enlightened. Interestingly and funnily, we use the same famous set of the 5 judges' comments on ourselves and friends ;P Some do make good sense though.

I came across this site that covers the basics of how the voice should be used and problems of singing that some of us have, like depending on another singer like a "crutch" and imitating the original singer instead of developing an individual style. Hope it will help humming birds sing like canaries one day ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home