Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Nincompoop

It is not a bad word.

I never knew the existence of this noun (and apparently million others) until it popped out of Kwang's mouth... but I am happy I've learnt something new.

Want to know how it sounds? You don't have to pay to learn its pronunciation and synonyms at Answers.com, while I can't say the same for Dictionary.com ;P

Nincompoop generally means a silly, foolish, or stupid person.

It is a term for a person who publicly displays his ignorance. In the 18th century, the word was sometimes written as nicompoop or nickumpoop. The word is commonly used in all English-speaking nations and is often used to describe an ignorant person. (Source: Wikipedia)

Ummm, I aren't promoting the usage of this disapproving word, okei?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home