Saturday, August 13, 2005

I do

How many people are truly loved because of who they are and not what they do? How many people really care how someone feels and not what that someone can do?

Not many. But I know Jesus loves me and cares about me regardless of who I think I am and what I have done - the good and the bad inclusive. He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords, but yet He chooses to reign in me. I shall not complain or be bothered how many others do or do not.

With this love lavished on me, I serve. I don't do the things I do because I need to win recognition; but when I do, I appreciate and welcome encouragement and sharing of burdens - emotionally and literally. Empathy is good but not enough for me. Words are cheap. One of my top love languages is acts of service. Do it; it shows that you mean it.

I love God and I love people. I want to be a good steward of everything placed in my hands, and that's why details matter; good time and resource management matters because people matters.

I do because I love, and I sure am glad I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home