Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Extra grace required

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - 1 Cor 13: 4-7

I have learnt that sometimes we don't need to convince the naysayers, the weak in faith; just love them. Sometimes the grace we give can be God's vehicle into the heart of the one we can't "bear". It's really something that I have to bear in mind. I don't have to be right all the time. Love erases all wrongs.

That of course applies to the attitude I should bear towards myself too; not to push myself too much or be too hard on myself. During this very period of time in my life, I really need extra grace and favor from the Lord and folks. Often, I forgot I should love myself before I can treat my neighbors duly with the same amount of care.

1 Comments:

Blogger joyinthelord said...

agree.

Love your neighbour AS YOURSELF yeah.. =)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home