Friday, July 29, 2005

Above the floods & storms

The storms of your life
will NOT overwhelm you
His love will.

"He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, 'Peace, be still!'
And the wind ceased and there was a great clam." - Mark 4:39


My recent MSN nick says "Jan | Trying to swim out of my swamp". Yep, I sound all tired and muddy while struggling underneath the mountain of work (not my job alone).

Cheryl caught it and sent me an e-card with the message above to encourage yours truly. She is such a dear and cherished friend. Truly, His love through her overwhelms me.

I have really been swamped by many things, literally live on caffeine, and rest very little every day for the past week. Physically I wasn't making it; I suffered from tension headache & gastric, and doc even prescribed multi-vitamins for me... wahaha, they supposedly will help my body recuperate from the fatigue. The amount is going to last me for another 2 weeks. Pretty cool, eh.

My fellow CG member, Leah, puts it so easily - "swamped is the word, man... swim out of it." Well, I know I have to, but easier said than done, pal. Then comes a timely CG message; though not the theme but it reminds us that Jesus is our wisdom. I don't have to swim out of my swamp. How about disregarding my current situation as a swamp? ;)

"God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself." - 1 Cor 1:30 (NLT)

The familiar verse Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" goes like this in verses 12 & 13 of The Message Bible -- "I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." Wow...

If you are struggling right now, let me encourage you. If we have Him, we have His presence and wisdom, and His peace calms the storms and guards our hearts. There is no swamp to swim in, only floods and storms to ride above because God can be your wisdom and strength. Only if you let Him.

Meanwhile, I covet His strength upon my mind, body & spirit, and your prayers ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home