Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The future is ours

Over the years
I've grown to be a part of you
You've cared for me
And open the ways
To a happy and beautiful life
You make me feel warm and safe
And give me hope for a brighter day

It's the little things that we share
The love and joy that's in the air
The children's laughter everywhere
And all our favorite things

Over the years
I've grown accustomed to your ways
And no matter how good others may be
No one cares
Like you've cared for me
Cos deep down inside
I feel you're a part of me
My Singapore
A place where I call my home


As our nation's birthday approaches, this theme song (written in 1991) suddenly rings in my mind. Gee, you won't know what song this really is until you hit the last line, ya? Sounds more like a love song more than a love-my-nation song...

Looking at the NDP 2005 logo, "The future is ours to make" sounds like the song CHC wrote for our 'Future' album a couple of years back. Prophetic, our church is.

Ty is part of the ten-member volunteer team that created the lovely logo. (To my pleasant surprise, at the NDP's site I caught Ty with hair - considering he's still quite "botak" now ;P) The "40" and the crescent make a nice smiley face, don't you think? His proud sister, yours truly, can't help but exclaim to friends each time we see the banner on the streets. *beams*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home