Monday, July 25, 2005

People soft

I am tremendously privileged and happy to be part of the ministry's training program, coaching the newly recruited ushers from scratch. I must say I was slightly resistant to the idea of doing it because of my "kiam pak why me?" attitude but yes, I repented from that.

Though it was not as easy as it seems, immediately after the first lesson I requested to train the same group the following week for continuity sake and for the very simple fact that I enjoyed training very much.

It is heartening to see keen faces and great attitudes that shine amongst the new blood and seeing them complete the lessons fills my heart with joy and pride of a parent. I am filled with anticipation to watch them perform independently during their very first duty within the next two weeks. Though I know I must manage my expectations, I certainly hope they remember and apply what they have learnt, and continue to bear the attitude that they must keep on learning.

In the midst of it all, I also felt like a tour guide (Chee Wei asked me before why I am not one before ;P) and a customer service/public relations officer... ahaha. And I felt even more so when I went around publicising the 5566 Bulletin and checking with ushers if they have any potential CG members or friends whom they can recruit during return busing. It was fun.

It's the
"You want recruitment flyer, I have
You want recruitment counter, I am"

kinda thingy.

I was glad I am given the opportunity to leave my previous portfolio to focus on training and recruitment. And whether in ministry or on the new route I am embarking, it seems clear to me that I can go "people soft" besides doing technical stuff and spinning the web... ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger preciouscw said...

Hi, I'm happy to hear your positive report and new surge of excitement for the ministry. Sure sounds like a brand new you. Perhaps you're just happy to discover the people soft side of you, which I always knew you have it in you. I believe the Lord do allow us to die to ourselves at times, so that we can find life. To truly live is to live for Him, live to serve others and to live beyond ourselves. I'm sure your new recruits will do well, with leaders like you to look up to and inspire them!

8:55 AM  
Blogger /Jan-ne-sis/ said...

I'm always thankful for friends like you who believes in me more than I do myself ;) Yea, I was just reflecting the other day that I have died but have to continually die to myself in order for Him to take lordship over my life... And thank you for walking with me, gal!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home